Position: Civil Engineering/Surfacing Estimator
Reports to: Senior Estimator
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000
Derek Lewis are currently looking to appoint a Civil Engineering/ Surfacing Estimator to be based at the Doncaster Head Office. The role will require the Estimator to play an active role in decision-making relating to the selection and production of project tenders. In addition, you will be required to provide support to the estimating team. The successful applicant will be handling contracts and tenders from a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors to the value of £10,000 to £5million.
Potential candidates must have:
- Experience of groundworks, drainage, hard landscaping (paving), highways and motorways, reinforced concrete
- Experience of pricing road surfacing works and cold milling/planing
- 5 years’ experience of working within construction
- HNC or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management.
- Willingness to travel and meet clients and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of working with NEC Contracts/JCT
- Evaluate estimating software (desirable).
The Successful Candidate will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, for example; suppliers, sub-contractors
- Produce Bills of Quantities
- Attend on-site meetings with sub-contractors and clients
- Prepare bid documents for civil engineering and road surfacing projects
- Review and interpret contractual documents to make accurate judgements.
- Maintain online tender platform, negotiate, communicate and lead the process.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be highly competitive dependent on experience
- Company Car with fuel card for private use
- Flexible working hours
- 32 day’s holiday including Statutory Bank Holidays
- Forward thinking
- Commercially focused
- Team Player
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Problem Solver
Derek Lewis Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.