Work is progressing well at the new Doncaster iPort development near M18 Junction 3. There is planning consent for approx. 6million sq ft of warehouse space with a further 3million sq ft having detailed planning.
- Derek Lewis secured a £900k package of works in September 2015 for surfacing works to the main access roads on the development.
- These were:- Inland Port Avenue, Railport Way and the Primary Substation access road
- The above works progressed well and as a consequence additional works to the value of £380k were negotiated to the following areas:-
- Ontario Way – new access road
- Car Parking to IP2a and IP2b warehouse developments
- 10,000m2 of Footway/Cycleway
- Surface Course works to the main access road Inland Port Avenue are due to be undertaken in the next month.
- Works involved the laying of Heavy Duty Macadam Base and Binder Course materials at up to 325mm in thickness.
- We provided full on-site technical support with detailed laying records and NDM gauge work being carried out to determine air voids.