Reports to: Senior Estimator
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Derek Lewis is currently looking to appoint an Estimator to be based at the Doncaster Head Office. The position will require a self-motivated and adaptable individual with experience in the road surfacing industry. The successful applicant will be experienced in handling contracts and tenders from a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors from the value of £5,000 to £1million.
Potential candidates must have:
- Experience of pricing road surfacing works
- Experience of working within an estimating function
- HNC or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management.
- Willingness to travel and meet clients and stakeholders.
Areas of expertise: Motorway and Highways, Railways, Commercial Property
The Successful Candidate will:
- Develop and Maintain relationships with stakeholders, for example; suppliers, sub-contractors
- Produce Bills of Quantities
- Attend on site meetings with sub-contractors and clients
- Prepare bid documents for surfacing projects
- Review and interpret contractual documents to make accurate judgements.
- Maintain online tender platform, negotiate, communicate and lead the process.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of estimating software ideally Eque2
- Knowledge of working with NEC Contracts
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be highly competitive dependent on experience
- Company car/car allowance with fuel card for private use
- Flexible working hours
- 32 day’s holiday including statuary bank holidays
- Forward thinking
- Commercially focused
- Team Player
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Problem Solver
Derek Lewis Background
Derek Lewis Limited was founded in 1973 and has since evolved into a multifaceted organisation with Surfacing, Civils and Plant Maintenance Departments. Our reputation as a trustworthy and reputable surfacing and civil engineering company has been achieved by placing the needs of the customer at the centre of our business.
Here at Derek Lewis Limited, we pride ourselves in being able to deliver an extensive range of services to our clients. Our flexible customer-focused approach allows us to respond with tailored solutions that meet the ever-changing demands of the modern construction environment. The customer is at the heart of everything we do; our highly skilled professional team will use the latest state of the art equipment to deliver a high quality product to meet the needs of our clients. In a highly competitive market Derek Lewis, a vibrant, forward-thinking company welcomes enquires from the public and private sectors to strengthen its partnerships to deliver high quality results.
Derek Lewis is committed to building a team of skilled, well-motivated individuals to move the company forward, it provides career opportunities at all levels of the organization and is a powerful advocate of apprenticeships and mentoring schemes. The company is actively seeking to attract professionally qualified individuals who will deliver work of the highest quality to meet the specific needs of the customer. With our highly skilled and driven team we are able to complete all contracts regardless of their size and complexity.
Derek Lewis Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.