Reports to: Surfacing Director
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Derek Lewis is currently looking to appoint a Project Manager who will be based on a variety of sites. The successful applicant will have experience of working in highway maintenance and new road construction. This fantastic opportunity will allow the ambitious candidate to enhance their professional development within an expanding, forward looking company.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Plan, supervise and maintain daily works in line with requirements, budgets and timelines; including supervising and managing the testing process
- Attend on site meetings with sub-contractors and clients
- Agree and communicate with the client on quality, programme and H&S
- Work closely with the Surfacing Buyer to organise daily labour, plant and material requirements
- Offer value engineering suggestions
- Ensure regular Safety Meetings are held with operatives via Tool Box Talks
- Make sure H&S and Quality Assurance procedures are understood, followed and managed; including inductions, safety, inspections and permits.
- Carry out regular reviews of non-conformances and complaints through the QA system.
- Produce accurate and timely daily costings; including all diary and delivery/client issues and additional works
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience in surfacing works
- Proven experience with supervising all labour
- Be able to communicate with people at all levels
Salary and Benefits
- Salary £40k+ dependent on experience
- Company vehicle with fuel card
- Paid overtime for weekends
- 32 day’s holiday including statuary bank holidays
To apply for this vacancy send your CV and a covering letter to the head office, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Derek Lewis Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.