Position type: Full Time Permanent
Reports to: Commercial Director
Department: Road Surfacing
Derek Lewis Ltd is seeking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our innovative team. The position is to be based at our Doncaster Head Office but will also require an element of site-based and home working where the applicant will manage a portfolio of projects, working to monthly deadlines. The successful candidate will provide support to the Surfacing Department playing an active role in the day to day operation of this dynamic company. The person appointed will be required to liaise with clients and build relationships from project procurement to completion ensuring costs, risks and time scales are managed effectively. Intermediate or Final Account documentation will be produced and issued to the client for billing purposes in accordance with contract terms and conditions. This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop their career within a reputable, well-respected company.
Applicants must have:
- HNC, HND or Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or similarly related topic
- One year’s minimum experience working within a Quantity Surveyor based role
- An awareness of modern methods and innovations
- Knowledge of preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Ability to take measurements from site
- Understanding of the process of cost value reconciliation and cost analysis
- Understanding of construction contracts
The Individual should be:
- Forward thinking
- Commercially focused
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Problem Solver
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office packages including; Excel, Word and Outlook
The Successful Candidate will:
- Give support to the Commercial, Operations & Accounts team at Derek Lewis Limited
- Identify opportunities to maximise profit and minimise loss
- Maintain records
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients & stakeholders, for example; suppliers, sub-contractors
- Carry out ongoing cost analysis
- Attend site meetings with main contractors, sub-contractors and clients
- Prepare and price bid documents for surfacing projects
- Review and interpret contractual documents to make accurate judgements.
- Liaise with site management regarding changes to drawings, schedule and costings.
- Ensure applications/invoices are processed in accordance with terms of contracts
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary will be highly competitive dependent on experience
- Company Mobile Phone
- Company Laptop
- 32 days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
- Car allowance/mileage package
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Profit based bonus
Applications for this role is by email. Please send your full CV to email@example.com.