Position: Junior Surfacing Estimator
Reports to: Managing Estimator
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Derek Lewis is currently looking to appoint a Junior Estimator to be based at the Doncaster Head Office. The position will require a self-motivated and adaptable individual with experience in the road surfacing industry. The successful applicant will be experienced in handling contracts and tenders from a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors from the value of £1,000 to £500,000.
Potential candidates must have:
- Experience of pricing road surfacing works
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within an estimating function
- Willingness to travel and meet clients and stakeholders
The Successful Candidate will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, for example; suppliers, sub-contractors
- Attend on-site meetings with sub-contractors and clients
- Prepare bid documents for surfacing projects
- Review and interpret contractual documents to make accurate judgements
- Maintain online tender platform, negotiate, communicate and lead the process
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of working with NEC and JCT Contracts
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be dependent on experience
- Car allowance/package
- 32 day’s holiday including statuary bank holidays
Derek Lewis Background
Here at Derek Lewis Limited, we pride ourselves in being able to deliver an extensive range of services to our clients. Our flexible customer-focused approach allows us to respond with tailored solutions that meet the ever-changing demands of the modern construction environment. The customer is at the heart of everything we do; our highly skilled professional team will use the latest state of the art equipment to deliver a high-quality product to meet the needs of our clients. In a highly competitive market Derek Lewis, a vibrant, forward-thinking company welcomes enquiries from the public and private sectors to strengthen its partnerships to deliver high-quality results.
Derek Lewis is committed to building a team of skilled, well-motivated individuals to move the company forward, it provides career opportunities at all levels of the organisation and is a powerful advocate of apprenticeships and mentoring schemes. The company is actively seeking to attract professionally qualified individuals who will deliver work of the highest quality to meet the specific needs of the customer. With our highly skilled and driven team, we are able to complete all contracts regardless of their size and complexity.
Derek Lewis Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org