Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Contracted Hours: Between 35 to 40 hours
Holidays: 32 days pro-rata (inclusive of bank holidays)
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 depending on contracted hours
Main responsibilities and duties:
All Sales Ledger/payroll duties including;
- Processing of weekly wages, ensuring all information provided by employees and sub-contractors is correct and accurate, reporting all non-compliance to senior management.
- Manage the quarterly bonus process for weekly paid employees, ensuring correct deductions are made and reports are kept up to date.
- Upload labour costs from timesheets onto the job costing system and accurate allocation of job numbers.
- Posting of weekly wages journal.
- Ensure the cash flow forecast is updated and reconciled to sage daily.
- Posting of bank transactions including bank reconciliation.
- Timely collection of both customer payments and retentions, raising any issues with senior management.
- Liaise with the quantity surveyors, estimators, and supervisors within the Surfacing Departments over queries and disputes.
- Monitoring payment deadlines and advising management to minimise disruption to supply.
- Review and monitor customer credit limits, both new and existing to ensure limits in place are adhered to and timely reporting of any breach to senior management and credit insurance.
- Raising sales invoices monthly for re-charges within the group.
- Monitor and review all petty cash transactions ensuring weekly reconciliation to agree to Sage Line 50.
- Administrative support for the Management Accountant/Finance Manager.
- To undertake additional duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience of using Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills, along with a polite phone manner
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Qualified AAT or qualified by equivalent experience
Derek Lewis Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please send applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org