Job Title: Estimator
Reports to: Managing Estimator
Position type: Full Time Permanent (will consider part time candidates)
Derek Lewis is currently looking to appoint an Estimator to be based at the Doncaster Head Office. The position will require a self-motivated and adaptable individual with experience in the road surfacing industry. The successful applicant will be experienced in handling contracts and tenders from a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors.
Potential candidates must have:
- Experience of pricing road surfacing works
- Experience of working within an estimating function
- Willingness to travel and meet clients and stakeholders.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Develop and Maintain relationships with stakeholders, for example; suppliers, sub-contractors
- Produce Bills of Quantities
- Attend on site meetings with sub-contractors and clients
- Prepare bid documents for surfacing projects
- Review and interpret contractual documents to make accurate judgements.
- Maintain online tender platform, negotiate, communicate and lead the process.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of estimating software ideally Eque2
- Knowledge of working with NEC Contracts
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
- Company car or car allowance
- 32 day’s holiday including statuary bank holidays
Derek Lewis Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this vacancy send your CV and a covering letter to the head office, or via e-mail to email@example.com.