Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Transport Manager
Derek Lewis Ltd requires a Light Vehicle Service Technician/Motor Mechanic based at our Doncaster yard.
The ideal candidate must have good mechanical knowledge of light vehicles, a minimum of 5 years experience working within a busy workshop, be able to work competently alone and as part of a team, be punctual and be prepared to work additional hours if required.
Working hours, Monday To Friday 06:30 – 16:30 + overtime and weekends if required.
Reporting daily to the Transport Manager, the role will include –
Briefing of all ongoing and pre-planned works, Inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining fleet vehicles including servicing, Small tool and trailer repairs, HGV defect rectification prior and post to six weekly inspections, upon completion to fill out workshop job sheets, to assist current plant engineers with repairs, keeping working areas tidy.
· NVQ Level 3 – Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or equivalent (Required).
· Minimum of 5 years experience, within a similar role (Required).
· Hold a valid driving licence.
· HGV experience (Preferable, but not essential).
· Plant experience (Preferable, but not essential).
· HGV licence (Preferable, but not essential).
· Company van and mobile phone (Business use only).
· Weekends and overtime available.
To apply for this vacancy, send your CV and a covering letter to our head office, or via e-mail to email@example.com.